Application instructions and FAQ’s for our community of grassroots organisations
If you looking after orphaned and vulnerable children anywhere in the world, running a small charity like an orphanage, or a day care centre, here is how you can apply for help.
How does Small Acts help my children?
If your application is approved, we work to raise awareness of your organisation and broadcast your needs to our caring community of Small Activists to help improve the quality of your children’s life.
These are the Small Acts we support:
Reading books, exercise books, solar lamps, uniforms, school bags, stationery or art materials.
HEALTH & WELLBEING
Mosquito nets, sanitary ware, toothpaste and toothbrushes, soap.
SMALL MEDICAL PROCEDURES OR MEDICATION
For specific disease/conditions such as Clubfoot and Jiggers Disease.
Shoes, sleeping mats, blankets, clothes, water bottles, baby layettes.
Playground equipment, desks and chairs, basics sanitation (toilets and basins), cooking or garden equipment, and water tanks.
Staples such as flour and rice, sugar, salt and cooking oil.
A SMALL ACT IS NOT AN ASK FOR MONEY
How to register for help
PLEASE READ THESE INTRUCTIONS BEFORE APPLYING.
THIS IS WHAt YOU NEED TO DO FIRST BEFORE FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM.
- Pick the category from above which best describes your need
- Give your Small Act a title (see the samples on the registration page and here)
- Pick your best photograph to describe your Small Act
- If you are asking for items, tell us how many and for how many children
- Tell us the estimated cost of the item (per unit in your local currency)
- Explain the issue your children are facing
- Tell us why solving this Small Act is important for the children and what difference it will make in their lives?
- Write a personal message you would like the Small Actors to read which will persuade them to commit to your need
- Make sure you give us your contact details (email, cell or messenger)
NOW YOU ARE READY TO FILL IN THE SMALL ACT APPLICATION FORM.
What happens next?
- Once you have submitted the application, we will contact you.
- We might ask to speak to you by Zoom or Whats App for more details
- If it is accepted, we build your Small Acts web page and send you the link.
- We invite you to join us in our Small Acts Facebook group
- When a Small Activist commits to act on your behalf, we will notify them of how to contact you.
- PLEASE NOTE: We are a small volunteer organisation and so it may be some weeks before we are able to respond to your application, but it will be listed and you will hear back from us.
How do I receive the funds or items?
The person/or people solving your Small Act will send you the funds directly.
Or they will organise for delivery of the items directly within your country of origin.
Is there anything else I can do?
Yes. Please ensure you join the community and contribute to the discussion about what you children need. You are far more likely to receive assistance if you do.
Feel free to send anyone who is interested the link to the page we will have set up in this website for your Small Act.
When you receive the funds or goods, please take photographs and tell us the story so we can share the story with your Small Actor and within the community.
What are the benefits to my organisation and the children?
You have exposure to potentially thousands of caring and compassionate people who are looking to make a difference in the lives of children.
With your help we tell your story and the difference you make for your children.
A Small Actor who has had a successful relationship with you in solving your Small Act is more likely to work with you again.
We recognise that your commitment to the children is ongoing, therefore your relationship with us is ongoing and guarantees continuing support.